Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I hate them All!



After last week's NFL Action we are left with the Jets, Steelers, Packers, and Bears to watch this weekend. BOOOOO!!! I have to say I hate them all! There is nothing I like about any of these teams! If both games could end in 0-0 tie, I would be the happiest football fan in the Milky Way galaxy.

Now I have a good reason for hating all these teams. I'm not just hating to be a hater. After reading this blog I think you will find my feelings towards each of these 4 NFL franchises are just and founded. Where shall I start?


I know, let's start with the Bears of Chicago. My hatred of them started way back in the decade known as the 80's. As a kid, I remember how cocky and brash that '85 team was, lead by the not so great Jim McMahon. I also remember them beating Tom Landry 97-0 or some such, and then they had the nerve to talk trash about it. Not to mention Buddy Ryan was their DC!

That alone should be enough of a justified reason for my hatred towards the Bears but wait, like a late night infomercial, there is more. Let me tell you about the Jay Cutler incident. I'll take you back to the Year of our Lord in 2008. What a great year it was! Larry Stanley's Lone Star fantasy team of the RT Sports World was poised to win back to back championships. The keepers I had returning that year were mind blowing! I'm talking about AP, Steven Jackson, and Frank Gore. I just needed a Quarter man to lead us to the promise land once again; to take home the first place cash prize. My pick was a young Jay Cutler. He had a rocket arm, and from everything I read, he was ready to take his place among the NFL elite. Yet he did not! He stunk it up so bad he made me trade for Big Ben in week 6.


Big Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers, boy my hatred for you goes back a ways. Big Ben you are a D-Bag...enough said. As a Young Sports Daddy, I had this VHS tape with Super Bowls 1 through 25 on it. I remember cringing every time the two Dallas/Pittsburgh Super Bowls would come up, and I have never really gotten over that. Even though I wasn't born yet, watching that tape fueled my hatred. Many times while watching that tape, I would wish for a time traveling Delorean. I wanted to go back in time and show coach Landry that tape! Steelers and Big Ben...I hate you!


Now on to The New York Football Jets; here is another team I hate. For the Jets, my hatred started in 2008 when they inked Bret, and The Hard Knocks on HBO this season didn't help either. Not to mention I hate that whole New York attitude. Let put this in a way that a New Yorker would understand. Hey Yous Guys I hate the F'N Jets! They can suck on my big fat greasy meatballs! Forget about it.


Packers and Packers fans I'm going to let you in on a little secret...everyone who is not a Packers fan hates you. True Story! You also released old Bret Favre onto the world which you will never be forgiven for. Packers I hate you.


With all this hate going around, you might be asking yourself will I watch the games this weekend? The answer is of course. Much like the 2011 Cotton Bowl where I hated both the teams, I will just hope for a good game. If you see me out cheering for one of the above teams, you'll know who i bet on! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment