Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'm not a Cowboys Hater but






I'm not a Cowboys hater as Marie, the publisher of The Burb, calls me in this month's issue. I am a Cowboys realist. The sad reality is that Jerry Jones is making it harder and harder to be a Cowboys fan these days. I grew up in a suburb of Dallas, Texas and could not imagine ever rooting for another NFL team...but damn that Jerry for making it harder to stay loyal to my team. We should have seen the writing on the wall when he fired Jimmy years ago. Then came one of the most embarrassing moments in franchise history...when he snatched the Lombardi Trophy out of Barry Switzer's hands in the Super Bowl XXX Post-Game Show. Smiling egotistically, Jerry Jones aka the Anti-Christ of football, is the owner of the Dallas Cowboys. Every year we are fed false promises and lies about what this team is, and has been. Jerry is one of the most narcissistic owners ever in sports, and he is our owner.

This franchise was once great, but now it's just a shell of its former self, and there is no one to blame but Jerry Jones. As kids, we were all taught how great the Cowboys were in the 70's, and we watched with our own eyes as they won three Super Bowls in the 90's. That's when we had to start watching Jerry make one wrong move after another, thinking other NFL Franchises would just lay down for America's Team. Of course, it didn't quite happen that way.

Jerry brought in great coaches like Barry Switzer, Chan Gailey, and my favorite Dave Campo, to piss all over Tom Landry's legacy. Jerry let us, the tried and true Cowboys fans, suffer while he kept his eye on the prize. That prize being the Billion Dollar Green House in Arlington. He has gotten drunk with power and has said the only reason he brought in a real coach, aka Bill Parcells, is so that he could get the deal approved. Case-in-point, as soon as the Big Tuna is gone, we get Wade "golly gee" Phillips.

The bottom-line here is that Jerry doesn't care about us, us being the die-hard Cowboys fans I've been speaking of, or the product his team puts out on the field. He only cares about the bottom-line dollar, and that leaves all of us Cowboys fans suffering in the meantime.

As I have warned you in previous blogs, you should prepare yourself for 6-10 in 2011! Guess what? Jerry couldn't care less...just make sure you go see the team lose live at Jones World.

I look at myself in the mirror everyday as a Cowboys fan and I ask myself why is it that I'm still a fan. It's just getting tougher and tougher to come up with an answer now. I sincerely hope that I am wrong, and that the Cowboys win the Super Bowl in 2012, but history says that's not going to happen folks. History also says I will keep buying Cowboys' merch and cheering them on even if I don't know why.

The reason why I support an owner who doesn't support me escapes me, but I do. Go Cowboys... Suck it Jerry Jones!

2 comments:

  1. I agree 200% and the prices at the "Green House" are insane, Me and a friend went to the Texas A&M and Arkansas game last year and I said lets stop and eat at Humperdinks before the game starts. Then my friend says ill buy dinner so I go along. We order 2 burgers we split and order of fries and got 2 beers with the grand total of $53.00 !!! I was like really? I how ever felt horrible so I sliped my friend 25 bucks, but thinking to my self hmmm hunperdink 2 steaks 2 beers 50 bucks including tip. HMMMM I love the cowboys but hate Jerry "The Devil" Jones

    Alexander Mena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! My exact thoughts!! I will never be a fan if the Cowboys again so long as this tyrant is still the owner!!

    ReplyDelete