Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mavs Win!!! Now What?

A few short hours ago the Dallas Mavericks demolished the Spurs in game five off their playoff series. The Mavs who have struggled all year long and are the sixth seed in the west go 2-1 on the road and 2-0 at home to wrap it up in five! Awesome great GO MAVS! Now What? The Denver Nuggets is what!

The Denver Nuggets who have owned the Dallas Mavericks in the regular season is what. Matter of fact their record is 4-0 against the Mavs this year. The Denver Nuggets who took a 3-1 lead in their series by blowing out the Hornets by 50+ points is what. The Denver Nuggets the #2 seed in the West is what! Make no mistake about Denver wraps up their opening round match against the Big Easy Friday night.

Not to rain on the Mavs fans parade but three weeks ago no one in Dallas thought the Mavs would make the playoffs. Then OMG they will have to go in as the 8th seed and Face the mighty Lakers. Everything went Cuban's boys way in the final weeks and the Mavs snag the 6th seed. Not bad for a team full of under achievers who have lallygagged all season.

I will tune into Sports Radio tomorrow and hear all about how the Mavs got hot at the right time. I will hear about how great they looked against the Spurs. I will how this might be lighting in the bottle but it's not. The fact of the Matter is the Dallas Mavericks had one great series against a beat up old team. Now it's time to pay the Piper and call this team what it is and that's done. I hope they prove me wrong and I have to eat my words at the end of The Western Conference Semis but they won't. Just like I called the Mavs in 5 against the Spurs I'm calling Denver in 5 vs the Mavs. Prove me wrong!

I am as happy as any Dallasite tonight but as one of the few Dallasite looking ahead already I wanted to point out how bleak our basketball teams future is. For example if I was a Vegas odds maker I would put the Mavericks at 200-1 to reach the NBA Finals. I would put them at 50-1 to get out of the next round.Sorry die hard fans but facts are facts and stats are stats. They both tell me the Mavericks run is over.


Larry Stanley
BigBadSportsDaddy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment