Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's Over

Let me start off by Saying”Ha Ha Ha I told you so Duck! Why you Ducking me?” If you missed my blog last week my friend Duck lost $100 to me on a bet who would get drafted first Teabow or Colt McCoy. My superior college football knowledge prevailed once again!

Now on to the words Rangers fans don’t want to hear” It’s over!” I am making the declaration the 2010 Texas Rangers are done and it’s not even May yet! I know they are only 3 games out of first. I know it’s early in the season. I know it’s a long season. I know every baseball excuse cliché you want to throw at me and I’m still not buying what they are selling!

Growing up in Texas I have learned to be skeptical going into spring training. I got burned way to many times by Scott Fletcher, Pete O’Brien, Ruben Seria and Charlie Hough back in the day. Now I always have the glass half empty attitude when thinking about my favorite baseball team.
This year was different! There was no way my favorite team of under achievers would let me down in 2010!


The Ranger sign Rich Harden. I get it Rich! You won’t pitch 200 but you’ll be a solid pitcher. Vlad is 80 but can still hit another good move by the Rangers. Mix all that in with a young solid core coming back and this team looks like the best in the West to me before the season starts. However that’s not the case.


The season started and reality set in. The only two bright spots this season have been CJ “straight edge society” Wilson and Nelly Cruz. Nelly is putting up MVP type numbers but. he was just placed on the 15 day DL! Add that to the fact we haven’t had Kinsler all year due to injury and I am begging to believe this is a curse season. The kind of season you’ll tell your grandkids about after the Rangers win the World Series in 2030.” Son let me tell you I remember when the Rangers sucked so bad in 2010 but I was still a fan.”


Nagging injuries, bad pitching and horrible coaching sure looks like it is going to do this team in! Up until I haven’t mention the Rangers Cool brother from another mother manager that likes to dabble with the white lady but now I have. He is the worst manager in MLB. He should pull a George Costanza and do the exact opposite of every decision he wants to make in game then he could be the next Tony LaRussa instead of the next Lou Brown.

Don’t get me wrong, I still love my Texas Rangers and will be in attendance at tonight’s game. The only difference is I am going for $1 hot dog night not to watch Rich Harden throw 90 pitches in 3 innings.

Being a Ranger Fan in 2010 is going to be tough. I have suffered through season like this before and I am sure I will again! Play em out and give em hell Rangers! The 2011 Season opener is only 11 months away.

No comments:

Post a Comment