Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fantasy Football Advice

Fantasy Football season is here! It’s by far my favorite season. I am not one of those ridiculous people who have 50 different fantasy football teams on every football website known to man. I have one. That’s right one. I play in a 20 team keeper cash league. We are going into our 10th year. I play in one league and one league only because I don’t want my attention diverted from the prize. I keep my mind on the money and the money on my mind.


I was spending a Sunday last year catching the games with my buds and one of the co players started yelling for Frank Gore to score. I thought this was odd since I was playing him and I had Frank the Tank. I had to ask “Why are you wanting Frank to do well? Are you trying to lose this week?” Which he replied “No but I have him 3 other leagues.” 3 other leagues WTF? Ok I have had two teams and even 3 teams but 4? He then informed me that he had 10 teams in 09. All of them were money leagues. That’s a little overboard! How can you stay focused on any team when you have ten to manage?

I have owned two teams in the past. I get conflicted when I am playing a guy with my other team’s players on his team. Does that make sense? I don't like it therefore I do not do it anymore.

Back in 07 I tried to manage 3 teams and I hate to admit it but my ESPN.com team became a dreaded dead team. I am very ashamed. If you are not going to play don’t commit. There is nothing more annoying then not being able to get a hold of other owners for trade offers or you and another team battling it out for first and seeing the team he his playing hasn’t set their line up since week 3! Which happen to be the week you played Mr. Dead Team and lost!


So for you preparing for the 2010 season remember it’s ok to say no. Do you want to play in my fantasy football league with a bunch of guys who think Ben Tate is a new sports bar? NO! Play fantasy football and play it right. Please keep up with your teams and stay active America.


Best of luck to you!
Lar

No comments:

Post a Comment