Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Kobe and Tiger

I think the most disturbing thing I have read this year is the latest Harris Poll. America voted Kobe and Tiger as their favorite American Athletes. Really Harris Poll who the hell did you get to vote in this so called poll? If you missed it I went on a rant on this on BigBadSportsDaddy.com’s newest podcast The Sports Daddys (New Podcast up Every Wednesday on BBSD). However I don’t think I ranted enough. Before I continue let me go ahead and post the list.

America’s Favorite Athletes

1) Kobe Bryant and Tiger Woods tied

3) Derek Jeter
4) Brett Favre
5) Peyton Manning
6) LeBron James
7) Michael Jordon
8) Tom Brady
9) Drew Brees
10) Dale Earnhardt Jr.


My problems with this list starts at the top. It’s hard for me to believe that America’s favorite Athletes are an alleged rapist and a known cheater. Tiger and Kobe shouldn’t be on any favorite athlete list! They are scum who can play a sport better then most! They are horrible role models and the fact that enough U.S. Americans say they are their favorite really turns my stomach guts. America Sports fan you should be ashamed of yourself.

I don’t hate the fact Derek Jeter is on this list. I may hate the Yankees and everything they stand for but not Jeter. He is a great athlete and true team captain. You will never see him pulling bush league bullsh like ARod. Derek Jeter is a true baseball player and deserves to be on this list.

Brett Favre WTF? I know he’s fun to watch play and he has had a great career but shouldn’t you be sick of him by now? How can you say he’s your favorite athlete? Sure he is the guy I never want to see interviewed again. He might even be the most over dramatic American athlete. There is absolutely no way in hell he should be a favorite! In his old age he has became an annoying irritant. If you ask anybody outside of Minnesota do you think they would say Brett is their fav? Again NO!

Peyton like Jeter should be on this list. As a matter of fact I don’t have a problem with either of the other two QBS on the list. Brady and Brees I get that. Vote for them. They are good


Now Why is Michael Jordon on this list? Is it not active guys? I guess not. Well then you are telling me America loves LeBron “The Decision” James and Kobe ”Do Bears Come to this window” Bryant more then MJ? Sure MJ liked to play a little blackjack but is that really that bad? MJ is Mr. American Basketball. If there is a list of favorite athletes he should be the first basketball player listed. If you disagree then you are high!

Now it’s on to Dale Jr. Do you really think he would be driving that race car if his last name wasn’t Earnhardt? Would he be loved as much and have as many fans if his Daddy didn’t die on the race track in front of America? You take those two things away and he’s Kyle Petty without the talent. Jimmie Johnson should be on this list. He’s only won 4 Championships in a row! Is that good? Did he break it?

If I could get a list of the people who took part in this Harris pole I would go Jay and Silent Bob on them and kick some major ass. These people in this poll do not speak for American Sports fans. These people are flat out idiots.

Send your hate mail to
larry@bigbadsportsdaddy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment