Friday, June 8, 2012

Belmont Updated (I'll Have Another Scratch)



For the 2nd time in 24 Hours I am blogging about the Belmont Stakes. This is because America got the stunning announcement this morning that I'll Have Another has been scratched due to a tendon issue. He may never run again. As much as I want to yell conspiracy Theory I'll save that for another Blog.

This has to be one of the biggest scratches in the history of the sport. With this scratch it changes the race completely. You can take what I blogged about 24 hours ago and toss it.

While I am at it Yes, Mike Quaglietta I do consider Jockeys as well when I am doing my research. You can find really good info on the jockeys elsewhere on the net. My blog yesterday was long enough I wanted to get to the meat. Do you dig? Thanks for the comment though! Keep reading!



So without I'll Have Another breaking on the outside I think the horses and the jockeys on the inside can hold back. As I stated yesterday look for Unstoppable U & Union Rags to set the pace early. Even with a good jockey like Johnny Velazquez I don't think this is Rags race. These two will fade down the stretch.

Down the stretch look for Dallhan to pull away and break. He should Charge like I'll Have Another was running besides him. He'll win by at least two links.

Bob Baffert's horse Paynter should also be up front early. The diffrence between him & Rags is he'll have enough late to hold off all but Dullhan. Baffert will have horses place and in all 3 Triple Crown Races this year. That's something!

My Show Pick doesn't change. For some reason I have a gut feeling about Guyana Star Dweej. I know he's over matched and yada,yada,yada. He's the long shot that will nail that show.

If you want to bet the Super I'll put another out there. I think Union Rags will stay in the top 4 most of the race and finish 4th when it's all said and done.

Belmont Picks are
Win #5 Dullhan
Place #9 Paynter
Show #8 Guyana Star Dweej
#3 Union Rags.

5-9-8-3

Happy Betting & Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment