Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Texas Rangers


Damn you Rangers! I blame you for this hangover but I have never been so happy to be hung over! On the Jersey Shore the say "It's Tee Shirt TIIIIIMMMMMEEEEE". Here in North Texas it's Ranger time. Oh Yea! Who needs fist pumps when we have claws and antlers?

I am a life long Texas Ranger fan. I was in the second grade and remember crying like a baby the day they traded Pete O' Brien. My favorite Rangers growing up were Scott Fletcher,Mitch Williams and reckless Bobby Witt. I thought Geno Petralli was the best catcher ever until my Texas Rangers showed me the best catcher ever one Pudge Rodriguez! I've watched Stev Buchelle, Kevin Reimer, Kevin Elster,Kevin Mench,Dean Palmer,Will Clark, The Govenor Jerry Browne, Oddibe Mcdowell and Mike Jeffcoat all play.

Over the years I have spent more time watching and talking about the Texas Rangers then any other franchise on this planet! There has been a lot of heart ache and frustration and I watched my dreams of the Texas Rangers going to the World Series turn into years. Last Night it was all worth it. The countdown started at 12. The Rangers needed 12 more outs to get to the World Series. How appropriate was it that Gay Rod was the last out? Very! That's karma kids.


Josh Hamilton teared up a little in the out field waiting on that last out. I have to say I tried not to but I did let a couple of drops poor out of my eyes. This is by far the greatest sports moment in North Texas history. Yes Jerry it's even better the the Cowboys Super Bowls. The reason why is baseball is older. It's the past time of this great country. The names are legends. Now my little Texas Rangers are part of that history. No matter what happens in the World Series we got there! Don't get me wrong I will be devastated if the Texas Ranger lose but at least they are there!


Let's go Rangers...........Claw.................Antlers..............It's Ranger time!


Do you know what's different about this Texas Ranger team? They have fun first and win second. That's the way the game should be played. Last night all the Rangers thanked the fans. Well as a life long Ranger fan I would like to thank them for making this kids dream come true. I still haven't forgave them for trading Pete O'Brien but if they win the world series I just might.

No comments:

Post a Comment